Wednesday 8 May 2013

Purple


I think about you, more often than I should really!
As my thoughts saunter between the lines that define that shirt you wear so well…
Purple rain I wish we could dance in
Purple lies as we ride into a lavender peppered sunset
A finish fit for royalty
That sly side smile when I thought I knew you’d walk a mile just to please me
But you waited, No, No, not in a good way
I stayed hopeful that you would, that you still might
But trying as it may have been all we did was fight
A battle of faith, your actions versus the unseen intentions of your heart
Even though we stand apart I hear ‘its’ call,
It whispers, “stay with me Stephanie, won’t you stay?”
It groans, “Fill me, I’m empty”
I say drink me to your fill
Get drunk and giggly, joyful and stupid
My love flows closely to eternity its river far from dry will it be
Dregs have been sustained by endless memoirs of moments
Morsels of moments spent so passionate, beyond tender.
My soul’s intent is fodder to your last steps
‘It’ murmurs hungrily “I love you”

No comments:

Post a Comment