Sunday 14 April 2013

My thoughts on : Dutch’s ‘Live Love Dance’ Album



April the 10th was probably a regular day closer to the weekend for some BUT for the lovers, dancers and producer(s) of  AWESOME Zimbabwean music not so much! Michael Kanyama aka Dutch released his Live Love Dance album; a fusion of Hip-Hop, R&B as well as EDM to the great anticipation of many, myself included. When I finally had a listen, it was safe to say this album blew my mind which is why I HAD to share!   


It kicks off with the infamous Simba Tagz  strutting his rhyming talent in the introduction, his influence and presence is truly felt and heard; featuring on nearly half of the 12 track Album in songs such as the sincere ‘Find me ’ and blunt ‘Keep it moving’. The Emperor’s speech (Intro) has a very Mr. Hahn from Linkin Park feel to it; contrasting Tagz’s rap with a very solemn deep sound, which I enjoyed.
ZiFm’s anchoress Lochnation sultrily says “Live, Love, Dance” both at the Intro and Outro a fitting welcome and send off respectively.
In a closely Dancehall beat thumping sound, 0-25 (Oliver Maboreke)   sang ‘My Baby’ and ‘Move Your Body’ with a touch of auto-tune in the right doses.

 In hot pursuit Producer/Rapper FTR went on about the woes of the music industry with ‘Backstabbers’; a doloroso of the O’Jay’s  ‘Sing my heart out’ gave it a nice feel .
Not being a being a big fan of Hip-Hop, I had my first encounter with Kapital K and I liked it (wink) in ‘High’! Damn! That was a real club-banger with a Kanye West ‘Flashing-lights’  feel that made me want to get high for real! The violin in the background kept the beat together; chances are this one will be my ringtone sometime soon. 

A bit of Electro dance, hits the ears as we descend the track list featuring Andre on ‘Lights’; ‘Overdose’ is a real dance banger, so awesome I need more, more, more! However I’m still not sure what a ‘Ntsiri’ is BUT the song sounded good to me though I wish there was deeper bass to it! With beats like that Dutch could give the likes of Avicci and Benny Benassi a run for their money (the African equivalent of course)!  
Junior Brown, not to be left out raps about being the “Hardest Working Man in Town” (HWMIT) on another booty bouncing beat! My bet is the T-shirts are already being printed somewhere out there.
In ‘Take Off’ by T.R.K. a lot of cussing was involved BUT anyone who can make that sound cool is okay in my books!

 Finally as an Outro Simba Tagz, G.O.R.E. and 0-25 had a cipher moment another fusion of Genres which left me giving a standing ovation to my laptop. Other artists that made Live Love Dance an even more stellar act were Tehn Diamond, Andre and Maximus. The album was also mixed and mastered by Showtime giants Reverb 7 and Simba Tagz.

Overall? This was a F@%#ing AWESOME album! If it was for sale I would tell you to shake your tail feather and buy one! 
But since this is FREE go ahead and Download it here, and tell me what you think!
Have a listen to what Dutch had to say about the album down here

No comments:

Post a Comment