Saturday 30 March 2013

Poetry From Way Back Then Pt.1



I wrote this back in 2010, barely two years after my sister's death. 
It was a dark,confusing and painful time. 
Worse yet it was a time of faithlessness.  
Here's one snippet of my many my internal fights:
My Internal Ying &Yang
Where there is evil there is good
Where darkness dwells there light to illuminate it
Where you feel love you feel hate
When you revenge you feel remorse
Where there is pure goodness evil is ready to take its place
When I’m happy the darkness creeps in bringing me back down that path
The path...
The path of deep rooted sadness within
How do I stop it?
I keep debating
Should I stop it?
Do I need these emotions?
Do I really want to feel??
If I let it engulf will love ever beseech me again
Its tentacles threaten me
They move suggestively
They entice me
I debate even more so
Do I really truly want to know?
Oh how beautiful the feeling of blackness can be
I know not if I still know the true meaning of beauty
Its version is much more sinister
Perverted and twisted is my new mind
Leave me alone I shout
The light listens
So pure end considerate it can be in such dire moments
You do not even try to dance suggestively
Am I this worthless to you?
You won’t bother to seduce me?
Curses from the grave! For in the pits of my soul I crave goodness
Regardless of how empty and void I may be
I know not what it will be....
I know not how to be
One without the other
Can I love without hate?
Can there be light without darkness
And darkness void of light
Can I be joyful without the slightest sadness?

1 comment: