Wednesday 13 March 2013

Losing My MC-ginity : Book Cafe (Open Mic)

Last night I had the pleasure of Playing hostess to the Book Cafe Stage and audience. This I noted was where the rawest of Zimbabwean talent lurked...and I do mean Raw ! Here are the highs and lows, faves and funnies of the night Videos and ALL! Enjoy :) Share and Comment! ..x.x 


It was a bit of a erm... shaky start but thank GOD! the crowd was a friendly one !

Dimiti & The Scarecrow ROCKED the stage with some Rock...BaShupi couldn't help himself he had to join in and represent the Roots with eh ehe somewhere there! My inner coconut presented itself as I acted a foool! \m/ Definitely one of my most Favourite Performances!

Discord or Iscord (appearantly the D is silent as in Django unchained?! *shrug*) and the songbird Pauline from Mafriq killed it ...they set a high standard for the aspiring artists to follow, with some words of encouragement in tow. I found the reference to abuse in Discord's ad-lib rather...intriguing hmmm... either way its great there was more instrument than CD in this performance. It came up tops for me!

While MCing at the #TheBookCafe's #OpenMic,I got to perform a piece of my Poetry for the first time! It was dead Scary but some guys liked it...something about my number or ''yes baby i'm listening'' LOL. What do you think? Leave your comments below and please do share! #TSKC

2 comments: