Thursday 7 February 2013

In the Morning

I awake in the morning,
In the wee hours
Nothing but birds and flowers applaud me.
A rush of blood to my head as sweet dreams come to an end
Realities of what lies ahead
I fight against the urge of listening to my fears
In replay, fast forward
Backtrack to my purpose
Head bowed I succumb to the emotion of powerlessness
I like it
God is my all in all
Feels good to know
When the wind blows every obstacle my way
All I need is my Faith
I kneel down when I awake
In the morning
God shows me His face
Some say my bed is empty
But His Angel lay beside
Warding off harm sent to me
Still I bow down because though death my taunt me
I have a reason to keep being
Reason to respire
I bow and give thanks
Sing praises as the house awakes
I ululate because My God is good!!
Faithful and true
With Him I can never be blue
Because of Him…
I awake in the morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment