Thursday 30 August 2012

Eyes Wide Shut


Don’t say it, 
 Don’t look at me with those dark eyes,
Not even a whisper would suffice,
Don’t you DARE, my eyes are wide,
Wide enough to find all that I’m looking for,
 The rest is there,
Bare like a centre fold,
that you behold, as you harden
I beg once again for you to hold onto the thinnest thread,
 Peace as it unravels before me.
 Walk away but don’t go
Stay but leave,
 Look at me with hunger…again,
Just once more no more declines,
Just believe that these eyes of mine are wide shut.
Shut like a camera goes, click click,
 The photos on your phone,
Snap! as my temper goes,
I said listen to me MY EYES ARE WIDE SHUT!
Don’t force sight on me,
 I ‘sea’ just fine, nude beaches where you reclined,
 Sand in your shoes,
 Marbles lost in my head,
They knotted my loose ends
Eyeballs rolling,
Tears falling,
Voices roaring,
I want to be shut down,
Don’t press the earthed buttons,
 Wide shut is all I ask,
Eyes wide shut, is all I’ll ever be.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment