Friday 15 June 2012

The Scarf..

This would be a beige one! 
There’s this scarf I can’t bring myself to wearing, no it is not hideous, it is actually quite fashionable and warm but still, I cannot bring myself to wearing it. Cream has never been my favourite colour and yet this is not the point. It still smells like her, I have day dreams of her playing in her snowy backyard looking ever so beautiful, wrapped warm and snug in that very scarf. I imagine her taking the tube or something, off to work where the receptionist smiles and says “Looking gorg love, especially in that scarf!!” and her smiling ‘that’ smile; “thank you” a little small talk then she’s off again.  Every time I consider wearing it I realise how little I have that goes well with it or compliments the chunky Hand knitted Italian wool, or comes close to complimenting it how she would have. God! I can’t imagine myself in that scarf, not too sure if I would be serving her memory right. Not quite sure how I landed with some of her best stuff but, if I wore it all it would do is stir up ‘unnecessary’ emotion. I haven’t even tried it on, maybe at some stage; I will at least try it on, look in the mirror then pack it back into that Marks &Spencer bag where her stuff…my stuff…the stuff that was hers, came in.
There’s this scarf I can’t bring myself to wearing I guess it’s never going to feel quite like mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment