Monday 3 June 2013

Stand


What is it about me you adore?

Is it too significant to ignore?

I don’t carry myself lightly,

Even if people and surrounding things try smite me into oblivion,

Yet still I carry on.

Tormented loneliness in my soul,

No, that’s not a window in my eye it’s a gaping hole.

 

Once I lost control,

All for love,

Its loss and echoing emptiness,

I ‘AM’ OUT OF CONTROL!

My emotions are on a roll,

Doing the pantsula, kicking dust in the air,

I breathe in contempt, NO! I am NOT content,

With the best of it,

I guess it’s the rest of me I should be worried about.

 

Once again I’m out and about, wondering,

Where is she?

Where is the one and only,

Whose body is as holy as a temple?

Let’s get rid of this phony,

‘Cause right now I can’t tell…

Is she here with me?

Buried deep under a lot more of me?

I think I met her once her name was Stephanie.

We’d skip gleefully through the dark corridors of life,

Hand in hand,

‘Thicker’ than thieves.

I told her “you have my heart” and she cut off her sleeves.

Dammit! Have you seen  her?

‘Cause it’ll be like bringing in the sheaves when we are finally together.

 

When she comes around,

If…

I’m still hopeful,

Shit! I’m living on a prayer so…

When she comes around,

Crown her…

If your wallet is under

Do it on a budget

Bow down but don’t lie…

Just let her, even for a minute …Stand

Just…let her do it,

For this moment…

 Let her Stand.

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Dude....wow! That was amazing. I have comments to make though. We shall talk *zim accent*

    TheDeepGoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man ... Can't wait to hear what you think... But Hey its safe to make the comments here by the way!

      Delete
  2. Wow dude...I like this. I shall give my comment further in person.

    TheDeepGoon.

    ReplyDelete