Thursday 6 February 2014

The Morning of A Good Day

Image from novaheroi.deviantart.com 
I like waking up in the morning on a good day.
It’s just...Something feels different on the earliest morning of a good day.
There’s a certain stillness in the air.

The birds and their nestlings in the pine trees right by window do not cease to chirp insistently.
Oh No, not all.
Instead they do so almost gently as if whispering sweet anythings undecipherable.

My mind feels a bit like toffee left in the sun on a hot Savannah day; or like those unforgettable yet often forgotten tequila nights on the city sky rise; that one with mountainous views...Warm and gooey.
Today I run on auto pilot.

 The school runs carry on, my ever argumentative eight year old seem to have nothing witty to say.

All that’s said is in a big toothy smile “Mornin’ Aunt Steph!” and he’s on his way.
The stillness must have settled in his little soul, or maybe his brain feels like toffee too.
The hustle and bustle does not commence.
 There is no fuss and I can’t help it I can’t battle such a good yet strange thing.
I gather it as a momentary glimpse, a shimmer in the dew,
A different tingle in the taste of my toothpaste
A special refreshment from an otherwise ordinary bath
The warmth of the sun on my face

 I just know it’s going to be a good day. #
TSKC

No comments:

Post a Comment