Friday 29 November 2013

Comedians bring the'Towers' down at Zim’s First Comedy Fest



If you read my previous post, you would know that the Goliath & Goliath team was set to jet into the Harare and tickle our funny bones. And just as they promised they did… well, at least it looked that way.
 I noted a good number of patrons gasping for air, slapping their thighs, spilling their drinks and guffawing throughout the show.
Carl made an entertaining host, as he threw a few jokes here and there. The Program though a little late (we are African after all!) ran like clockwork as each comedian took a turn to crack our ribs. (in a non-violent fashion of course!)
Jason found himself the big butt of the joke as everyone took a stab at his weight,  gait and goodness all. Being the good sport he is, he passed the heat onto to someone else as he lightly roasted a few patrons. By the time he was done all I knew was people married for 10years have the libido of old Peugeots, that Mdara Zober’s libido runs on diesel (Creeepy) and that Jason only allows experienced drivers to ‘drive’ his car (wink). I loved Donovan; he was such a charmer and a funny one at that. (what more can a girl ask for though *ehem* in a performance ka!)
Our Zim Comics flew the flag Marijuana high! Michael K being my favourite, his impressions were top notch! As for Q... watching him feels like watching your favourite nephew grow (let’s ignore the fact that he might be older than me). My point is He gets better and better every time I watch him perform okay! Big pat on the back for that one! Lovers and haters (I’m stuck somewhere in between) of Dancehall were left agog by the end of his set. All I can say is "USADAROOOOOOOO!!!"
Both during the intervals of the Program and at the end of the show; patrons milled about in the foyer all smiles.  For the most part it seemed All had a gay old time. Teaming up with something for a good cause a pair of ladies from the charitable initiative With Love Zim sold some really funky jewellery; made by the women from the Mbare soup kitchen. 

The Miller Genuine Draft  themed after party was the cherry on top as DJ Chucknosis (did I spell it right?) spun that good music from his Pink Apple Mac… (I sh*t you not it really was pink!)
I hear we’ll be having four of these Comedy fest things next year, I say …. Bring it On!!





No comments:

Post a Comment