Tuesday 25 December 2012

Carl Joshua Ncube…Agent 263



Tequila? Lemons? A bad  smell in the air??



I’m hoping you stumbled on my comments first but if you didn’t I was going on about how I didn’t know what to expect for the show, blah blah blah!!!

The Agent 263 themed stand-up comedy show was charmingly, okay nope it was comically dated for the 21st of December; which was supposedly the day scheduled for ‘the end of WORLD!’ since you’re reading this and I’m writing it, it would seem ‘the end’ has skipped us. Back to the Comedy show!

For the most part I enjoyed the show, it was a refreshing take on everything randomly Zimbabwean from, children’s shows I am clearly too young to remember; to a slight dabble with current affairs. Even more it was funny witty entertaining and for the most bits unpredictable.

The crowd was surprisingly supportive, clearly mostly friends of friends and acquaintances that appreciate Carl’s work. Of cause until the more political jokes kicked in. In his act Carl presented his distaste for, urban groover, sex tape maker, etc. Stunner (this too is publicity for him…sigh); referring to his relevance similar to that of a household name, well tissue to be exact. (seconded!)Stunner was not the only marshmallow at the fire Pokello (what kind of name is that?), Maneta, the Prime Minister,the President, Beverly the stripper, Econet and even Mai Chisamba weren’t spared in the hilarity!

If i tilt your camera this way I can see a better view of your boobs!
‘Carl Joshua Ncube Live’ was quite the variety show indeed; I got to see what Junior Brown looked like (not that it mattered it’s just I always wondered). I bore witness to the premier of TehnDiamond’s and the said Brown’s ‘Happy’ / ‘Heppi’ video which was not bad at all my favourite bit was with chicks in the morbid smiley bikinis (HOT!).

Synik performed as well but to the disappointment of probably him and his diehard fans large parts of the audience walked out before he could finish his first ‘bar’. I presume it was nothing personal and more traffic, curfew related; regardless the guy definitely a pat on the back after that.(Shame man!)

Short dresses, familiar faces and great laughs in tow, I enjoyed the show and definitely hand it a 7.5 out of 10 only because I know it can only get better and when it does guess who’ll be in the front row on time, laughing the loudest? Yup that’s right! Me!

If you have been to a Carl Joshua Ncube stand-up performance feel free to share your thoughts..’go down’ below in the comment box and SHOUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment